Kunming Medical University
Study MBBS in China at Kunming Medical University
Kunming Medical University was established in the year 1933 with the initiative of Donglu university medicine program. Later in the year 1937 at the developing phase, the School of Medicine was started under the affiliation of Yunnan University that was former Donglu University. In the year 1956, the school independently started the medical school with renamed Kunming Medical College.
In 1993 it was listed as one of the key higher institutions in the Yunnan province. In 2012, after the evaluation of the Ministry of Education of China, the college was updated to the university level and was renamed with Kunming Medical University. Presently, Kunming Medical University has become the largest specialized medical university in Yunnan province.
Kunming Medical University is the largest specialized medical university in Yunnan and leads the way in medical education, scientific research, medical services and social service. CEC Pakistan officially represents Kunming Medical University which was approved by PMC and WHO. It consists of 17 schools and offers 19 undergraduate programs, 36 graduate programs, and 12 doctoral programs.
Kunming Medical University focuses on higher level of medical education and the development of medical and healthcare. In the 75 years since its inception, Kunming Medical University has not only provided higher level medical education but also has taken responsibility for the development of medical and health care in Yunnan province.
The over 60,000 graduates of Kunming Medical University have made an outstanding contribution to the economic and social development of the whole province.
Number of students: 15000
Academic staff: 6000
Recognized by: WHO, MCI, PMC, USMLE, HPCSA, SCHS.
Language of Instruction: English
Duration: 5 year + 1 year internship
According to Centre for World University Rankings (CWUR) 2020-2022:
Kunming Medical University Facts & Figures
- Kunming Medical University has a total of 17 colleges and schools.
• University covers campus area of about 125.4 hectares with 17 bachelor degree programs, 42 master’s degree programs, and 1 doctor’s degree program.
• Over more than 15000 students in which 2,000 postgraduate students are enrolled in the university.
• 6,750 professionals and technical faculty have given their service to the university including the university hospital.
Kunming Medical University has 5 research institutes, 9 teaching hospitals, 39 practice hospitals, 9 forensic medicine sites, and 2 optical practice sites. The university’s affiliated hospitals have over 9,800 beds which admit over 3,000 patients every day. Since its establishment, Kunming Medical University has conducted 800 scientific types of research and has been awarded for the same at the national and provincial level.
Some of the different disciplines of Kunming Medical University are listed below:-
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Clinical medicine
- Clinical Oncology
- Forensic Medicine
- Public Health
- Pharmaceutical science
With a collection of nearly 1,000,000 books, Kunming Medical University library has been designated as Yunnan’s Central Sharing Library Network of National Literature. It is also a First-class Repository for China’s Medical and Academic Literature. Kunming Medical University is a National Clinical Medicine Trial Center, and Yunnan Provincial Expert Testimony Center.
The 14 affiliated hospitals of Kunming Medical University have more than 10,000 patient beds. Seven of the affiliated hospitals are accredited as being Level-A Tertiary General Hospitals of China. The First Affiliated Hospital has around 4,000 outpatients per day and is the largest general hospital in the province. The Second Affiliated Hospital is among the “100 Best Hospitals of China” and is the center for both human organ transplants and burn treatments in Yunnan.
The Third Affiliated Hospital is the largest cancer hospital in the province and houses three provincial cancer research centers. The Affiliated Stomatology Hospital has over 100 dental chairs and uses the most advanced technology available. It is the largest specialized stomatology hospital in Yunnan Province.
Yunnan boasts abundant natural resources with which Kunming Medical University has been carrying out extensive scientific research on Yunnan’s common, endemic and frequently encountered diseases, while constantly using the most advanced technologies for diagnosis and treatment.
Airport Pick-up Service – Kunming Medical University, China
- For international students in group
Kunming Medical University offers international students in group airport pick up service from the local airport – Kunming Changshui International Airport to the campus. It is around 37-42 minutes from the airport to the University. But international students should send detailed departure, transfer and arrival schedule to us minimum 3 days in advance so that the university can pick up without any delay.
Airport Pick-up Service is only available during on-duty hours in registration time.
- For individuals
For individuals, the Airport Pick-up service whether available or not, you may send email to us to inquiry. The student can come to university by taxi if the Airport pick up service is not available, it is around 72-76 CNY (Chinese currency cash is required) from the local airport to the University.
Kunming Medical University has launched inter-institutional academic partnership and exchange programs for maintaining international cooperation. Since 1998, Kunming Medical University has recruited and trained graduate students, undergraduate students, advanced medical students and Chinese language students from 24 countries and regions, such as America, UK, France, Japan, Germany, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan.
Kunming Medical University has medical schools and institutes in countries such as- the U.S.A., the UK, India, France, Sweden, Italy, Germany, Australia, Japan, Thailand, and Vietnam. The university has 100 medical schools worldwide. The university also conferred the titles of honorary professor and guest professor to more than 60 foreign scholars till date.
Great Achievements in Scientific Research
Kunming Medical University has been carrying out extensive scientific research on Yunnan’s frequently encountered diseases and has consistently used the most advanced technologies for diagnosis and treatment. The university is involved in several phases of scientific research including basic research, applied research, and developmental research, involving multiple subjects and multiple specialties.
Kunming Medical University has held several national and provincial key scientific projects and international cooperation programs. Since 2004, over 800 scientific researchers have won awards on the national and provincial levels, as well as national invention awards, national scientific technology conference awards, and many others.
Kunming Medical University is responsible for large numbers of national and provincial key scientific projects and international cooperation programs. The university leads in the provincial medicine and health field.
What you can expect from us?
|· Complete Admission Process.
· Visa approval from Ministry of Education, Government of China.
· Visa files preparation.
· CEC PAKISTAN will accompany the students during travel from Pakistan to China (student group).
· Airport pick-up.
· Accommodation arrangements in China.
· University Office in China to assist Pakistani students if any help required.
- The applicant must be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health, good character and abide by the laws and regulations of People’s Republic of China and the regulations of Kunming Medical University.
- The applicant must be senior high school graduates or those with the same education background or above. Scores meet the requirements of admission.
- Age: 18-30.
- English proficiency Certificate.
- Application Form for Foreign Students to Kunming Medical University.
- Copy of valid passport.
- Copy of Physical Examination Record for foreigner and blood check report.
- Copy of the high school graduation certificate and transcripts notarized by public notary departments.
- Copy of the English proficiency certificate.
- Curriculum vitae and study plan written in English or Chinese.
- Copy of paying guarantee letter signed by applicants’ parents.
- Copy of non-criminal certificate.
|1st Semester||2nd Semester|
|Chinese Language||Chinese Language|
|3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|Chinese Language||Chinese Language|
|Histology & Embryology||Biochemistry|
|Physiology||Micro & Immunology|
|5th Semester||6th Semester|
|Physical Diagnosis||Forensic Medicine
|7th Semester||8th Semester|
|Pediatrics||Gynecology & Obstetrics
|9th Semester||10th Semester|
|Acupuncture & Massage||Oncology Conspectus
|6th Year (Internship)|
|11th Semester||12th Semester|
|Gynecology & Obstetrics||Gynecology & Obstetrics|
Benefits of doing MBBS from Kunming Medical University
- Kunming Medical University has an affiliated, modern and technologically advanced hospital for research and internships, where students can get practical training.
• The university has a very large library. The well-equipped multimedia room in the university digital library exudes a warm atmosphere and provides users with an online search function.
• The university has the most advanced laboratory.
• Proven to be one of the most reputable and dependable universities.
• The MBBS fee structure of this university is very low.
• The university has experienced and qualified teaching staff which provide quality education.
• It has adopts advanced teaching methods.
• The university enrolls students directly without entrance exams.
• The university provides students with advanced academic facilities.
• The safety of students is very important to the administration of Kunming Medical University, so the university gives great importance to the safety of students and will not appreciate any bad behavior of students.
- Police report
- Pic 4 white backgrounds
- Bank statement 5 lac minimum
- Study Plans
Fee structure of Kunming Medical University
1st year fee: 58,000 RMB
Note: 1st year fee include tuition fee, hostel, 2 years green card, medical test, health insurance, medical garments, Chinese language books and dormitory deposit as refundable money.
2nd year to onward: 40,000 RMB
Note: 2nd year to onward only tuition and hostel fee.